Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Warm and Rustic - Celebration Easel card and a Tag

Hello everyone, I am so happy to have you here on my blog .
Today I am sharing TWO projects 
A richly colored easel card and a TAG 
which I created with the
 Walking in the Forest Collection and the Vintage Autumn basics Collection 
for Maja Design . 
We are having our winter season here in Australia 
and I wanted to create something warm and bright . 
I have chosen a combination of Denim blue and Deep Burnt Orange.
I stacked my elements combining Maja papers with diecut leaves, and various other diecut shapes.
 together with some chipboard twigs .
  I kept with the warm rusty theme and colored my chipboard in Rusty ink .
 I feel the orange and blue are a Perfect marriage....
These blues flowed together beautifully and I added some metal buttons each side of my cluster .


inside view of my card. 
I stamped with my fave word stamp - CELEBRATE !
and added an inked swirly chippie to hold the easel section in place .


I really love this color combination, I rarely use orange in my work, 
but this collection 
has made me think differently ..

Now for my second project .
Recently Some friends of ours had a 'HOUSE WARMING' party
I created this TAG to go with a gift
No. 28 




This Tag has a foundation of chipboard, to create a sturdy base.
I have one at home which is displayed on our kitchen dresser
this tag is adorned with DUSTY ATTIC chipboard .
French Flourish 2pk :DA0273
Mini Number grid : DA1073
Chevron Panel large : DA1066
Main Street small set :DA0989
Dusty in Colour Clear Crackle Varnish: DA0900
I added their house  number 28
to make it personal to them . 


Maja Design materials used
Walking in the Forest -Jeans, Cozy Scarf , Seasons Last Bird song
- Vintage Autumn Basics - No XX111, plus bs .  
Thanks so much for popping here at my blog and looking at my creations
bye for now until next time
happy scrapping and take care x
Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful pieces Heather. Always so fresh and so skilfully and perfectly executed. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooo gorgeous! I love love love love the colors and that flower!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the colour combo up top....yeah, yeah, yeah...you & your fave stamp....I KNOW!!!! Still trying to find one that is half as good!!!! And the tag....it's really lovely! What a great gift tag....the brown chippy numbers & house......adorable:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these cards are beautifully grungy and masculine! I love them a lot! Your layering is phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both breathtakingly beautiful, Heather!
    I am not a card-maker yet, but since I found your blog and discovered your exquisite creations, I think I might become one one day (and then would be very happy if I managed to do cards or LOs that were only half as beautiful as yours are). Thanks for sharing your inspirational work!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow Heather! This color combo is soo you! How wonderful these look! Absolutely amazing layers and always love the dies you use! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both your card and tag !! Absolutely gorgeous!! Heart them !! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous work. Really love your layers and use of the chipboard. Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The orange and deep blue look so striking together and the little house with its number is just perfect for a housewarming. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pieces, Heather! I love the colors, they're so warm and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. GORGEOUS!!!! Love the easel card. The blue with that bright orange flower ... brilliant!! Your tag is simply superb! Love, love, love!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful textures and layers as always!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both your card and your tag are just gorgeous! Love the layers and all your tiny details!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love our rusty color palette! I have not had a chance to drop by in a while....such eye candy! Love your work so much!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Очень красивое оформление! Изумительные работы! Очень красиво!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful projects Heather! Great textures and layers and wonderful composition. Fab!!!! Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are both stunning and even more stunning because of the papers. Love them both. I still have my card from you that I won on the side where I can see it in my studio, inspiring me everyday <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, wow, wow....so amazing! Beauty, detail and fabulosity, all rolled into 1!!! or 2 projects....LOL
    Stunning work Heather!

    ReplyDelete