Sunday, November 16, 2014

Vintage inspired - Guest design Spot

Hi there everyone and a warm welcome to 
my blog
Recently I created this Vintage Layout for 
Our Creative Corner 
I was both thrilled and excited to be asked by Kerstin 
to Guest design for the month of November.
thanks so much Kertstin.
The challenge for November is 
to create something in a vintage style, 
using a favourite photograph.
I love Vintage and I decided to use a photo
of my beautiful Grand daughter Ella Jai .
the Sepia photo has been de-saturated to add to the Vintage feel . 
this beautiful shot was taken by my daughter ,
Tara of Simply Photographic

Below is my completed Layout .


LOVE YOU .
I feel by having a kraft BG , to me this immediately suggests Vintage .
All things Vintage and aged
Old Keys, Sepia photos , chipboard, earthy/rusty  colors, clocks, kraft and lace .





the second tag is folded around the edge of the Layout .


 Begin layering and adding embellies
the chipboard has been colored with Distress stain / Rusty hinge .
 stamping and layering add interest and texture
and also add to the Vintage feel .
 I like to position my embellies around the page,
moving them until I am happy .
Finally I adhere them with glue .
I altered the metal clock with black paint to follow the 
Vintage theme.
 the Dusty Attic chipboard title has been altered with Rusty Hinge Distress stain
and then I stamped with a Kaiser stamp in black soot distress ink .
 apply Ranger Distress Crackle Paint /Clear rock candy ..
I use a palette knife as I find then there are no brush marks .

when the crackle is dry
( I usually leave to dry overnight for the best effect )
I apply some black paint by dabbing over the crackle and then wipe
the excess off with a wipe .
love this effect .
Another look at my finished Vintage Layout .
LOVE YOU 

I hope you are inspired to try some of these vintage techniques
I feel the crackle gives a rich interesting effect .
thanks for looking at my work .
bye for now until next time xoox

24 comments:

  1. Wow! This layout is a work of art! I admire your work very much and find so much inspiration from your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Heather,
    This is a delightful layout, your design and construction is perfect.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous vintage layout, love seeing how you've built it up and the clock is simply stunning with the crackle....it's all so wonderful! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was wonderful to have you with us at OCC Heather. This is such a stunning LO and a great step by step!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing Heather . This is a gorgeous piece of Art. Gorgeous Girl too! Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is breathtakingly beautiful! I just love the step by step and the finished layout is stunning! Absolutely love how you create vintage! And the photo is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I´ve seen your page at CCC - love it! Again so very beautiful, I love your pages!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are definitely the queen of vintage! This lay-out is truly stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous! Love seeing your process!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just stunning! I love love love the colors, the photo and the layers!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooooo beautiful. Every detail just perfect. Your granddaughter is a true beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, You always make such interesting, innovative LOs! Your Grand daughter is a beautiful perfect subject. I certainly can understand why you scrap her often. Your daughter's photography is outrageously fabulous! I appreciate that you detail your techniques. It makes me want to pull out the craft papers I have and try some of this too. Beautifully detailed without being overwhelming - my kind of scrapping! LOVE this!

      Delete
  13. you have a beautiful granddaughter Heather and your layout matches her photo perfectly! Somehow you just have this way with the rustic vintage style that sets you apart from every other scrapper. Thanks also for showing different stages of your layering and creative process - I might have to take out my embossing folders after reading your post. Wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a rich and textural layout, Heather! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I thought I'd left some love here, but it seems to have disappeared! Another masterpiece from you Heather. I love the desaturated photo and your colour choices work to enhance your gorgeous Grandie so beautifully. Thanks for sharing your step by step process. I can only sit and admire. No one else has quite your skills, IMHO :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well you know I love it! Then again I love anything you do! Beautiful photo as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I admire your layouts.... they are like pieces of art. Thank you for sharing your creative process. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Like Helen I was convinced I had left some love for you :/ I think at the moment I am completely losing my marbles. I don't think I can remember a time when I felt so out of control.
    Anyway. I just love this layout and that photo is perfect for the sepia tones of your layout. Love the embossing and all the stamping. It looks like that was the way the paper came. You are just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous to have you as our guest this month at OCC - and what a glorious layout you've given us!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous page Heather!! Looks so perfectly Vintagey!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Exquisite page, Heather! Your granddaughter is a beauty! xoxo

    ReplyDelete